Day 1 - UK - Amsterdam
After your flight to Amsterdam embark your ship, MS Lafayette, late this afternoon. You’ll meet the captain and crew during a welcome cocktail reception, before a free evening on board.
Perhaps take in the views from the bar as you sip a pre-dinner drink. You’ll overnight in Amsterdam.
Day 2 - Amsterdam
Why not join an optional guided morning tour of Amsterdam, home to picturesque canals, world-renowned museums and the Diamond District. Enjoy a free afternoon, or opt to visit Haarlem. Known as the ‘City of Flowers’, it has produced and exported tulip bulbs for centuries.
Your cruise begins this evening with an overnight cruise to Wesel.
Day 3 - Wesel and Düsseldorf
A morning cruise takes you through the cities of Nijmegen and Arhem to enter the Rhine basin and into Germany. On arrival in Wesel we offer an optional excursion to the spa town of Aachen. You’ll rejoin the ship in Düsseldorf, so relax and enjoy an evening of entertainment after dinner.
Day 4 - Cologne and Koblenz
Your ship arrives in Cologne today, where an optional walking tour will introduce you to its highlights. Later, your cruise continues along the River Rhine to Koblenz, where the ship docks overnight. Why not head into town after dinner to see the famous Deutsches Eck, a headland where the Moselle and Rhine rivers join.
Day 5 - Mainz
Enjoy the facilities on board your ship as you cruise to Mainz. The sun deck might be the best place to be as the ship passes by castles and verdant vineyards en route, as well as the legendary Lorelei rock. An optional guided tour of Mainz includes a visit to the Gutenberg Museum, named after Johannes Gutenberg, the inventor of the printing press.
You’ll rejoin the ship in Worms, the oldest city in Germany. Why not enjoy an evening of dancing as the ship sails on to Strasbourg.
Day 6 - Strasbourg and Breisach
An optional tour of Strasbourg this morning will introduce you to the German and European quarters of this medieval city. Back on board you’ll cruise by picturesque wine-producing regions en route to Breisach. On arrival we include a guided visit to the charming town of Vieux Brisach and its magnificent cathedral. Enjoy a gala dinner on board the ship tonight.
Day 7 - Breisach
After a free morning to explore Breisach at your own pace, we offer an afternoon optional excursion to beautiful Lake Titisee in the Black Forest. Spend an evening relaxing on board the ship as it sails to Basel.
Day 8 - Basel
Basel is a medieval town on the banks of the Rhine. You can discover its highlights on an optional tour this morning. In the afternoon why not join an optional excursion to the spectacular Rhine Falls in Switzerland.
Day 9 - Basel/UK
After breakfast disembark your ship for your flight back to the UK.
Please note: To maximise your enjoyment of this holiday a certain amount of walking is essential.
To book with Travelsphere call them direct on 01858 898 620
All prices are per person based on two people sharing a twin or double-bedded cabin with en suite facilities. Please note: the holiday price may be subject to change and will be confirmed at the time of booking. All holidays subject to Travelsphere Terms and Conditions
Please check tour details with the operator at time of booking as Cennet Ltd cannot be held responsible for any errors showing on it’s website
Disclaimer: Please check tour details with the operator at time of booking as Cennet Ltd cannot be held responsible for any errors showing on it’s website.
Cruising the Romantic Rhine
Holidays by Air 9 Days
Prices from £1899
The Rhine is famous the world over for its spectacular scenery and enchanting towns. Admire beautiful scenery as you cruise the River Rhine from the Netherlands to Switzerland, calling at a host of historic cities and charming towns, including Cologne and Basel, along the way.
For departure dates, prices, availability and to book, click here or call Travelsphere on 01858 898620.
- Explore Amsterdam – the fascinating Dutch capital
- Visit Haarlem to admire its Gothic architecture)
- Discover 2,000 years of history in Aachen
- Explore Cologne, with its impressive architecture
- Admire beautiful scenery as you sail to charming Koblenz
- Discover Strasbourg, a city of canals, rivers and elegant buildings
- Head to Lake Titisee where you can enjoy a boat trip
- Explore Basel’s landmarks including its twin-towered cathedral
- Admire the spectacular Rhine Falls in Switzerland
- Scheduled flights from Heathrow with British Airways or similar scheduled airline
- Overseas transfers and other transportation
- The services of a Travelsphere Tour Manager and Local Guide
- 8 nights’ accommodation on board 4-star-premium ship MS Lafayette on an all-inclusive basis
- All meals on board 8 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 8 dinners
- All drinks on board (excluding Champagne and selected wines)
- Guided visit to Vieux Brisach and its historic cathedral
- Captain’s welcome cocktail reception
- Farewell gala dinner
- Onboard evening entertainment
- All Excursions included